Cumberland County Public Health officials announced a new drive-thru testing site for COVID-19 is being added at the Ramsey Street Walmart in Fayetteville.
The coronavirus testing site will be open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7-9 a.m. starting on May 15 at 4601 Ramsey St.
“Increasing testing capacity for COVID-19 is critical in slowing the spread of the virus and we are seeing businesses around North Carolina, like Walmart, step up to help increase testing,” said Health Director Dr. Jennifer Green. “Cumberland County is also preparing to open additional testing sites and will announce the information in the coming days.”
Supported by Walmart, eTrueNorth and North Carolina and local officials, the site will only be testing those who meet guidelines for testing, including first responders, health care providers or those with COVID-19 symptoms, or at high risk for symptoms.
Appointments must be made by visiting www.doineedacovid19test.com to see if you are eligible.
Walmart COVID-19 Testing Details
- The Ramsey Street Walmart site will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays weekly from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., weather permitting.
- Appointments must be made through eTrueNorth’s online portal at https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/, which will screen individuals to ensure they meet CDC eligibility for testing.
- For questions regarding testing, call 800-635-8611.
- Those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and then dropped in the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- eTrueNorth will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and to the applicable county Departments of Public Health.
- The site will be staffed by Walmart healthcare professionals
- Testing is not available inside Walmart stores.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.